Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!


Happy New Year to all of my readers, friends and family! It's hard to believe that we are starting the second decade of this century already. New Year's Eve finally brought us a significant blanket of snow to the Tetons and thankfully gave us some good powder skiing today. Many parts of the mountain saw skiers getting into knee deep powder and excellent windblown snow. It was a much needed boost to our snowpack and water content. Good news for anglers. The Jackson Hole One Fly board met last week, and it looks like team This Is Fly did not make it in this year. We are currently the second alternate, so if two teams decide to bail out, then we will be back in. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I'm still thinking about the 21" rainbow that I lost on the South Fork during the second day of the event last year, that would have put me at 500 points. I'd like another chance! I managed to sneak out and ski today and had a great run down the headwall at the Jackson Hole Mountain Resort. This is about what it looked like in this Jeff Diener photo of me on Teton Pass a few winters ago. More soon!

No comments: