Tuesday, July 29, 2008

On the Snake



I've spent the past couple of days on the Snake River from Pacific Creek to Deadmans, and it was pretty mixed. On Monday, I had two very good local anglers who wrangled up some nice fish, the largest being 19", on big dry flies. Today, I had a pair of rookies who netted a handful of "Trout in Training" (Fish under 10"). The wind really came up on us today, and these guys just could not get the fly close enough to where it needed to be. Almost all of the fish we found on both days were close to the banks or on large flats. The riffle fishing is just not ready yet, but any day now! The Buffalo River is still a little high, and is putting in some dirty water still. As soon as it clears, the Snake should pop. I did not come up with any good photos from the past couple of days, so enjoy a couple more German Brown trout from the Green last week!

2 comments:

Matt V said...

I am psyched that you sent me the link. I will defintely be checking this out.

Trey said...

How long are your arms?? Maybe you should write a section about how to hold trout close to the camera to make them look bigger! lol, nice fish Mark, and nice blog.