Sunday, October 26, 2008

Warm Weather




Since getting back from Montana, I have not been fishing locally. The weather all week, including this weekend has been splendid. More of the same is forecast for the next 5 days. Bright sun and temps in the high 50's...pretty nice for late October. The word on the Snake and the South Fork has been that fishing for cutties has been great...this is the time of year to hunt the larger fish, and it sounds like some anglers are finding them. Midges, BWO's and even some attractor fishing has been productive. Walking in, as opposed to floating, is probably the way to go in order to work the winter holes. I suspect that fishing for fall browns has been slow given the unusually warm weather...I'm sure that will change soon. I have not heard much from Yellowstone, so if anyone has a recent report, leave a comment! I'm off to Sayulita, Mexico Thursday for 10 days with the girls...time for a real vacation before the winter really starts here. Not sure yet if we will fish or not...we're experienced on the flats, but this will be our first visit to the west coast of Mexico. Here is yet another average Missouri River Bow taken on a streamer and a picture on the way to the MO!

1 comment:

Matt V said...

Alright, now two Mo postings and still no pics of Joel with a fish. What gives... did he get skunked or something? Wait let me guess, he said he's voting for McCain so you threw a boycott on his pics.
Glad to see you guys had a good trip. I think by next fall I'll try and fill out a second boat with Ike.