Monday, November 10, 2008

Back to the Cold




Rachael, Charlotte and I returned last night from an 8 day trip to Sayulita, Mexico. Sayulita is a small surf town about an hour north of Puerto Vallarta. I wish I could report on some fishing, but it was strictly a beach/pool/corona drinking trip. This was our first real vacation since having Charlotte last December. She absolutely loved the water and the food. It was perfect; great food, sunny and hot! We flew into Idaho Falls yesterday and drove back to Jackson passing the South Fork. Their were quite a few empty trailers at the spring creek bridge...I'll bet fishing has been good. Water levels are low (908 cfs at Irwin), and the weather seems like it has been just right...cloudy and wet with cool temps. It's back to the ski shop for me, starting this week. I'll keep my ear to the ground on how fishing has been and what to expect before the deep freeze arrives. My buddy Matt left a comment on the previous post wondering about Joel...he did struggle a bit more on the Missouri. I never got a good chance at a nice picture of him...oh well. Incidentally, it was an Obama boat. Hope everyone got out to vote...no matter what your preference, it certainly was an historic election day. We'll still let you come next year, Matt! (I'm holding you to it). Enjoy a couple of pictures from Mexico!

No comments: