Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Long Winter Ahead


The days around Jackson right now are becoming noticeably shorter and shorter. The temps are becoming much colder and winter is in the air. It's only a matter of time before the ground freezes and the snow really starts to pile up. I am an avid skier and do welcome the winter, but I am constantly thinking of flyfishing. As I commute out to the mountain each morning, my mind drifts to many of the places that I have been fortunate enough to throw flies. It's common to be riding on a chairlift, thinking not only of that big brown that got away on the Missouri, but to envision the scenes of flyfishing that always bring us back. Here is beautiful shot that Scott Smith snapped of me working a nice brown trout on the Owyhee River, Oregon.

No comments: