Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Thanks For A Great Season


Last Friday was my final guided trip for the season. I took a couple of local guys down the Snake from Pacific to Deadman's, and found a couple of hours of good dry fly fishing in the afternoon. Since then, our weather has turned back into winter. We woke up yesterday to a few inches of snow on the ground, and cold temperatures. I had planned on guiding all week, but the weather has kept the bookings pretty lean. Even though fishing can be great during the wintry weather, most clients prefer to book a trip when it is a little bit warmer. I'll keep busy the next few weeks with my daughter Charlotte, as well as some personal fishing trips and some long weekends away with the family. I'd like to thanks all of the clients that I fished with during 2009, as well as my fellow guides for such a great season! It would not be possible without you. The Snake River drop will be completed by Friday night; look for some great fishing next week, as the Cutty's will be stacked in their winter holes. The South Fork and Lewis, to name a few, should really be lighting up on the streamer action for browns, particularly since we've received some snow. Here's a shot a friend Dede Burris with a nice Snake River Cutthroat from a few weeks back.

No comments: