Monday, November 16, 2009

Shoulder Seasons


We're in the middle of another shoulder season right now in Jackson Hole. The summer tourist season is all but forgotten, and the winter ski season is still a few weeks from starting. The "off season" around Jackson can be a good time to recharge the batteries. No one around but locals taking a breather before the next push into winter. Although the outdoor pursuits can be harder to participate in (slower, colder fishing and no skiing yet), it is still a great time to be here. The town is extremely quiet; there is much less auto and pedestrian traffic, and the restaurants that are open have a mellow feel right now. After all the years here, I still don't mind the off seasons. Most of my friends (including myself), have hung up the waders for awhile, so I don't have much of a local fishing report. Make sure to check out Josh Graffam's site on my link list (Teton Trout)...he's in New Zealand for 3 months stalking large brown trout, and will undoubtedly be posting some great pictures. I'm very jealous! I took a drive tonight up to Teton Park to snap some sunset photos with Charlotte. Here's a nice shot of the Sleeping Indian (Sheep Mountain), guarding the valley. Stay tuned!

No comments: