Sunday, February 28, 2010

Early Spring?




We're wrapping up a beautiful weekend here in Western Wyoming. We've had sunny skies, temps in the 40's and no wind. Spring is in the air. My brother-in-law Sean Tufts was visiting this weekend with a buddy to catch up on some skiing. I got to sneak out with him today for some great spring skiing this morning. On the way back from Teton Village, we saw a few anglers throwing some flies above Wilson Bridge. I bet they saw a little action today. March can often be a great month to fish the Snake River, particularly when the weather trends like this. I'm anxious to see what the next few weeks brings. Sean and I have had some great fishing adventures over the years, and hope to have more soon. I took him on his first trip to the Big Hole river a number of years ago, and he stumbled across a beautiful Arctic Grayling eating caddisflies on the surface. (The Big Hole holds some of the only remaining native Grayling found in the lower 48). They are known for taking dry flies very eagerly. I was also with Sean on his first flats trip to Boca Paila, on the Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico. Here's a shot of that Grayling, along with a photo of Sean's first Bonefish on the line! Kudos out to Chris Hayes who figured out where last week's shot of Jen Hodges Bonefish was from. More soon!

No comments: