Monday, September 12, 2011

7th Place








The 26th annual Jackson Hole One Fly took place this past weekend, and I was fortunate to be able to participate in it as an angler on the Summit Capital team. I joined Peter Chung, John Holland and Jon Wylie in this charity event supporting local stream improvement projects and conservation. We had a great weekend and placed 7th overall, out of 40 teams. I fished one day on the Snake from West Table to Sheep Gulch (the whitewater section), and fished a streamer. It's a fast, fun section to fish, especially with a wet fly. I rarely get to fish this section, since I row a low-profile skiff...a high-sided dory or raft is needed to safely float this piece of water. I was able to bring 200 points to the table. My day on the South Fork Canyon was the real highlight. On the oars was veteran South Fork Outfitters guide Sue Talbot; she helped me to a 518 point day! A large, brown Chernobyl Ant did just the trick. The fishing was good, I had the right fly, and most importantly, a great guide. Thanks again Sue!! Although Westbank Anglers guide John "Kiwi" Gendall won the overall top guide award for the weekend, Jack Dennis guide and friend Ed Dutilly guided the best score on Sunday on the Snake. He crushed it from Moose to Wilson, guiding his anglers to numerous fish between 18" and 21". Nice work Ed!! Not much else to report. I was back at it on the Snake today, and fishing was good. Despite the angling pressure this weekend, there were still plenty of fish around ready to eat. Today's photos: Angler Ted Thranhardt with a beautiful 20" Brown Trout that fell for a large dry fly. (Any guesses where we were fishing??). Gearing up at the South Fork lodge during the One Fly; Sue Talbot keeping us right where we needed to be. More soon...

2 comments:

Chris "Jigidy" Jensen said...

Fuller the Brown is on the S. Fork Heise to Lorenzo...I can see the rail road bride in the background. Sounds like you are having a good summer. Take Care,
Jigidy

Mark Fuller said...

Nice Chris...you are correct!